Alexander Espresso Coffee - A Delicious Daily Espresso
Alexander Espresso Coffee is a delicious after-meal daily espresso. And, it did go through an evolutionary phase.
In the beginning, there was Alexander – a cocktail of equal parts of gin, creme de cacao (chocolate liqueur) and cream. Then, came the Brandy Alexander where the brandy replaced the gin. Finally, followed by Coffee Alexander with chocolate liqueur was substituted by coffee liqueur.
Alexander Espresso went further and the refined recipe replaced the coffee liqueur with fresh espresso and brought back creme de cacao as well. Alexander Espresso is a wonderful after-dinner dessert coffee. It is also called Espresso Alexander and Cafe Alessandro.
Alexander Espresso Coffee or Cafe Alessandro
In this Alexander Espresso coffee recipe, the cinnamon definitely sets it apart. Although one isn’t able to distinguish the brandy as a separate taste, it does make the alcohol a bit more potent. If you love your coffee, Cafe Alessandro will offer you a very comforting, smooth, and delicious combination of flavours.
The joy of licking off the creamy froth resting on the upper lip, after a satisfying sip of Alexander Espresso Coffee is sheer unadulterated bliss!
So try the following recipe of Cafe Alessandro and relive this joy after each meal.
|what goes in?||what kinds?||how much?|
|Cold Water||1 Cup|
|Ground espresso coffee||2 Tablespoons|
|Cinnamon stick||Broken to bits||1 Inch|
|Crème de Cacao||4 Teaspoons|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated Semi-Sweet chocolate||1 Tablespoon|
- Get your ingredients ready.
- Break out your espresso machine or a Moka Pot for this one or just make really strong coffee with a small amount of water.
- Break cinnamon stick into small pieces and add to hot espresso.
- Allow it to cool for 1 minute.
- Add crème de cacao and brandy, and stir gently.
- Pour into cute demitasse cups.
- Whip the cream, and float some cream on top of each cup.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or fancy chocolate curls.
Recipe Notes - Alexander Espresso Coffee
- You can replace the cinnamon stick with powdered cinnamon to get a more pronounced cinnamon flavour.
If you like this article, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish or if you made the dish. 🙂
Better still, take a picture and post it on Instagram and tag us as #gosumitup
And, keep visiting us for more of such awesomeness. Do bookmark gosumitup.com into your web browser now or simply subscribe to our browser notifications.