Muji Chetini Recipe – Radish Chutney Recipe Kashmiri Style
Muji Chetini or chutney is a perfect blend of Radish and Yogurt with Indian spices. It can be used as a dip with almost anything. It can greatly complement your mezze too. You can also use it as an accompaniment to bread or rotis for a quick snack. Nutritionally, Radishes are rich in ascorbic acid, folic acid, and potassium. They are a good source of vitamin B6, riboflavin, magnesium, copper, and calcium.
Muji Chetini recipe is really simple to make and can get ready in minutes. Usually, hung yoghurt is not required for this. However, I feel draining the whey from the yoghurt makes the Muji Chetini less watery and a little smoother. I used this trick from the way Labneh is made in Lebanese cuisine. So if you want and have time at hand, hang the yoghurt for a couple of hours.
Muji Chetini Recipe or Radish Relish/ Chutney Kashmiri Style?
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 minutes
- Cooking Gizmos: Mixing Bowl
- Serves: 2-3
Stuff you need for Muji Chetini Recipe or Radish Relish/ Chutney Kashmiri Style?
|what goes in?||what kinds?||how much?|
|Stick of white radish||Grated well||1|
|Jeera (Cumin) Powder||0.5 Tablespoon|
|Lal Mirch (Red Chilli) Powder||Kashmiri||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli||Fresh & finely chopped||1 No.|
|Dhaniya (Coriander or Cilantro)||Fresh & finely chopped||1 small bunch|
Process to make Muji Chetini or Radish Relish/ Chutney Kashmiri Style?
- Wash and grate the radish using a hand grater.
- Beat the yoghurt in a mixing bowl. If you can hang this for a couple of hours, the results will surely be better.
- Add the grated radish to beaten yogurt.
- Mix well so that radish is well incorporated.
- Add jeera, red chilli powders as well as finely chopped green chilli.
- Adjust the salt to your taste.
- Garnish with finely chopped dhaniya (coriander or cilantro leaves).
- Serve with snacks, rotis, rice, or even bread.
- Didn’t I say this was super simple. Enjoy 🙂