SodaBottleOpenerWala Cyberhub Review – Quintessentially Parsi – Review & Photos
SodaBottleOpenerWala Cyberhub is one of the best restaurants in Gurgaon and perhaps serves the best Parsi/ Irani food East of Mumbai. Over the past years of its existence at the Cyberhub, Gurgaon it has become a personal and a family favourite. This review was long overdue but well here it is today.
SodaBottleOpenerWala Cyberhub is one restaurants I will not hesitate to call beautiful yet quirky and eccentric. It is decked with curios, artefacts & funny posters on it’s colourful walls and exudes the charm of the old Irani cafes in Mumbai. Don’t miss out on the bentwood chairs, square & circular tables with red checked cloths as well as bigger booths perfect for families – a great representation of an Irani Cafe a la Mumbai.
If you have eaten at an Irani restaurant in Mumbai, SodaBottleOpenerWala will take you down the memory lane with its enamel plates, mason jars, cutting chai glasses, & tiffins. Don’t miss out on the jukebox as well as glass jars full of baked yummies and old school candies (Hard-boiled sweets, Poppins and Kismi toffees) that add to the ambience.
The waiting staff at the restaurant is incredible. They are quick, polite and ensure that you have a happy experience. Off late they have started employing specially enriched stewards who in spite of their special abilities are also quick to respond to your needs.
The food journey at SodaBottleOpenerWala Cybehub is superb. Its a mix of Parsi Bhonu as well as Iranian delicacies. I am enumerating the absolute must tries at the restaurant below:
1. Salli Mutton – It is ell cooked & succulent slow cooked mutton served with slices of salli or potato shreds and goes very well with Berry Pulao.
2. But of course the Berry Pulao: A very typical Iranian rice preparation with nuts, berries and caramelised onions. It is utterly delicious. Don’t know if they use Iranian berries though.
3. Parsi Mutton Masala Roast – Deliciously roasted mutton with Parsi spice mix.
4. Bohra Keema Pav – Trust me with such a superb keema dish you will keep wanting for more.
5. Mutton Potato Chops – These are mashed potato pancakes or tikkis if you must stuffed with mutton keema. These go very well with drinks.
6. For the vegetarians try their Crispy Corn & Bhel and Tomato Cheese Macaroni. They are both a hit with kids and elders alike.
If you can simply, top this with some Shekan-Ji-Bin you are home safe.
More Pictures from the SodaBottleOpenerWala Cyberhub Dineout
To Sum-It-Up: SodaBottleOpenerWala is one amazing place to feast with family and friends. It is addictive and you’ll go back again and again for more.
3, Ground Floor, Cyber Hub, DLF Cyber City, Gurgaon
Open from: 8:30am – 12midnight
Happy Hours: No
Phone numbers: +91 9971839456 & +91 8527619955
Vegetarian: No 🙂
Cuisine: Parsi & Irani Cuisine
Bar: Yes! Full Stocked
Loo on premises: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
Credit Cards Accepted: Yes (Zomato: Yes)
Do they deliver: Yes
Takeaways Offered: Yes
Host Parties at Venue: Yes
Parking: Yes, Cyberhub Parking
WiFi: Not Known
Live Music:No! Try the Jukebox
Television Screening: No
Outdoor Seating: Yes, Lovely in Winters
Smoking Allowed: Designated zones in Cyberhub