Chimichurri or Chimi | Super Simple Homemade Chimichurri
Chimichurri or Chimi | Super Simple Homemade Chimichurri - Make Chimichurri sauce at home. Chimichurri is a #healthy and #delicious #dip and topping and is great on a ton of dishes and even with #chips. Chimi is also used for marinating meats and for basting them while #cooking.
- 0.5 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 0.5 cup Parsley fresh and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano fresh and finely chopped
- 4 piece Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 piece Red chili finely chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon Sea salt please adjust it to your taste
- 0.5 teaspoon Black pepper please adjust it to your taste
- 0.5 teaspoon Cumin powder
Get your ingredients ready for chimichurri recipe.
Finely chop parsley, oregano, garlic cloves & red chilli
Mix vinegar and olive oil slowly so that it forms a smooth emulsion.
Mix all the chopped ingredients & cumin powder in.
Mix well and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Let the chimichurri sauce rest for 10 minutes for flavours to blend in.
- If you like the strong flavour of garlic, use 4 cloves like I have used. If you like a milder garlic flavour use 2 cloves.
- Chimichurri can be adjusted to your taste. You can add more salt, more pepper, less or more chili. It’s all up to your taste.
- Red wine vinegar is the best vinegar for chimichurri, however, you can use lemon juice as a substitute.