Salted Almonds - How to Make Roasted & Salted Almonds Recipe | Almendras con sal
Salted Almonds - How to Make Roasted & Salted Almonds Recipe - Almendras con sal are simple to make salted almonds that are browned and salted in a hot skillet slicked with olive oil. Delicious as a quick snack.
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.5 Teaspoon Rock Salt
Heat the olive oil over medium high in a large cast iron or other heavy skillet, tilting the pan so the oil coats the bottom.
Add the almonds and spread along the bottom. Leave for 1 to 2 minutes until they start to colour and get fragrant.
Sprinkle the salt over the nuts and stir
Keep stirring every 30 seconds or so, until they are nicely brown and have a deeply toasted flavour.
Once done turn off the flame & let the almonds cool in the skillet.
Store in a jar with a lid in the refrigerator.
- An alternate approach for roasted salted almonds (almendras con sal) - For people who enjoy an egg white gloss on almonds.
- Simply dry roast the almonds in the skillet without the olive oil.
- Dip the almonds in an egg wash made with egg whites (2 eggs) & little water and dust them with salt.
- The salt will stick to the almonds & give them a salty jacket.
- The heat will also dry them and your salted almonds will be good to go.