Pan con aceite y ajo recipe | Hot bread with olive oil and garlic recipe
Pan con aceite y ajo recipe | Hot bread with olive oil and garlic recipe - Bread with garlic and olive oil is the favourite Andaluz breakfast and provides the simplest of tapas.
- 500 gram Spanish Bread Country bread or Rustic Bread (Pan cateto)
- 2 Piece Garlic Cloves Slice in half
- 6 Tablespoon Olive Oil Extra Virgin
Warm the rustic bread (pan cateto) in the oven.
Cut it in thick slices & rub each slice with the sliced garlic
Trickle warm olive oil on each slice.
- The success of pan con aceite y ajo recipe or hot bread with olive oil and garlic recipe really lies in the quality of the bread: choose one with a firm crust and a little crumb.
- Try and use the bread from the previous day, so it is perfect to take advantage of that bread that has become aged.
- If you are not in Spain, you won't be able to lay your hands on rustic bread or pan cateto, but you can use any of your favourite sourdough bread.
- You can mash the garlic with add extra virgin olive oil and brush the upper part of each slice of bread. In fact, you can add green herbs & cheese to it too.