Fried Fish Ajwaini, Amritsari Fried Fish
Delicious Fried Fish Ajwaini and that too in winters – that time of the year that I call my favourite. It is winters that make me really binge on fish. Here is the recipe for Amritsari Fried Fish Ajwaini
- 300 gram Singara Fresh fish
- 60 ml Malt Vinegar
- 0.5 tablespoon Salt Sprinkle to coat
- 2.5 tablespoons Ginger Garlic Paste Fresh or packaged
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 0.5 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Carom or Ajwain Dried & roasted
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mango powder or Amchur I used Everest brand
- 1 piece Fresh Lemon Slices for sprinkling
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt To taste
- 4 piece Nestle Nutri Choice Crackers crackers pulsed to crumbs
Marinate fish in salt and malt vinegar for twenty minutes. Ten minutes to each side.
Prepare a second marinade with the rest of the ingredients given above and coat the fish nicely.
Refrigerate for another 20 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator and let it rest for about 5 minutes
Coat with crumbs and partially fry once and Let it rest. You are looking for a light golden colour here.
When you are ready to eat double fry the fish and serve immediately with lemon slices, onion rings and homemade coriander-mint chutney.