Namkeen Gosht - Easy & Delicious Namkeen Gosht Recipe
Namkeen Gosht is a mutton dish popular in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and its adjoining regions; Afghanistan, the tribal belt and Central Asia, where dishes similar to the local Punjabi Namkeen Gosht are still enjoyed today.
- 750 gram Fresh Shoulder Meat on the bone With fat on
- 400 ml Vinegar Malt or Balsamic
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste Make fresh
- 300 gram Curds or Yoghurt Homemade
- 1 inch Ginger Fresh (Cut into julienne)
- 2 piece Green Chilies Thinly sliced long ones
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves Fresh finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp Table Salt Please adjust to suit your taste
- 0.3 tbsp Black Pepper Powder Optional but suggested
Clean and dry the mutton pieces thoroughly and add malt vinegar to them. Let this rest for about 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
Drain and add curds, ginger garlic paste and salt. Mix well and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
Add the mixture to the hot heavy-bottomed pan and let it simmer till done. It took me about 1.5 hours on low heat.
Keep stirring ht meat in between.
Garnish with ginger julienne, sliced green chillies and freshly chopped coriander.
Serve as a snack or with plain hot rotis or a flatbread of your choice.
- Do not use any additional water in this namkeen gosht recipe.