Basic Brine Recipe or Basic Pickling Brine Recipe for quick pickles
This is a very basic pickling brine recipe to quick pickle any vegetable. Quick pickling is also a brilliant solution for preserving a vegetables and fruits from your garden.
- 1.3 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Pickling salt
- 1 Cup Water
Add all the ingredients together in a medium saucepan to make basic brine.
Bring the mixture to a boil.
Cool for 10 minutes and your basic pickle brine is ready.
- You can adapt this simple and basic brine for any fresh vegetables or fruits
- Try a mixture of vinegar and spices but go easy on expensive malt vinegar. Any basic vinegar is going to work well — white vinegar, apple cider, white wine, and rice vinegar serve the purpose.
- This basic brine is used for making quick pickles. Quick pickles are also known as refrigerator pickles.
- As in fermented pickles, quick pickles also do not require canning if supposed to be refrigerated.
- They will stay good if stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.