Kadhi Pakora Recipe | Spicy Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe
Kadhi Pakora Recipe is a delicious blend of cooked curd or yoghurt and gram flour (besan) with besan pakoras. It is loved by all North Indians irrespective of their age.
For Dumplings or Pakora
- 0.5 Cup Split Bengal Gram Flour Besan
- 6-7 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida Hing
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 inch Ginger Fresh/ Grated
- 1 Piece Onion Small
- 1 Piece Green Chili
- 0.5 Cup Vegetable Oil For Frying
- 1 Cup Curd or Yogurt
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee Save 1/2 tbsp for tempering
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Piece Dry Red Chilis Break into half. Save one for tempering
- 1 Piece Curry Leaves 1 Sprig
- 2 Piece Green Chilis
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds Optional
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- We like our pakoda to be rich and spicy. You can adjust the amount of spice and ghee according to your taste.
- If you want crisp pakoda you can add them straightway to the kadhi. And if you like soft pakoda after removing from oil soak them in a bowl of water for 1 minute. Press to remove excess water and then add to the prepared Kadhi.
- To save time, fry the pakoda when Kadhi is cooking.