Poached Fish - Poached Basa with Ginger, Scallions and Mushrooms
Poached Fish - Poached Basa with Ginger, Scallions and Mushrooms - Poached Fish with Ginger & Scallions, Poached Basa with Ginger & Scallions – Easy, luscious & juicy. A nutritious and flavoursome poached fish recipe that works with any in-season white fish.
- 250 Gram Basa Fish Fillet Totally defrosted
- 0.5 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed oil
- 3 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Piece Green Onion Bunch
- 2 Cups Water
- 5 Piece White Button Mushrooms Boiled and sliced
- 0.5 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
Get your ingredients ready to make Poached Fish with Ginger, Scallions and Mushrooms | Poached Basa with Ginger, Scallions and Mushrooms
Bring two cups of water to boil and boil the mushrooms for about 6 minutes.
In a separate bowl mix together: sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar & sesame oil.
Make a bed with vegetables in the pan.
Place the basa or any white fish fillet on the bed of vegetables to set it for poaching.
Add the sauce mix from 1. Set the pan for poaching the fish on medium low heat. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
Remove the poached basa fillet to a serving plate and save the poaching liquid.
Garnish the poached fish with the poaching broth and some sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
- Don’t overcook the fish. As soon as the flesh on the fish turns white and is easily cut through your poached fish done.
- You will note that there is no salt in this poached fish recipe. Salt from soy sauce and apple cider vinegar was enough for the taste.