Thai coffee, also known as Thai iced coffee, is a popular beverage originating from Thailand. It is a delicious and refreshing drink that combines strong brewed coffee with sweetened condensed milk and sometimes additional flavours.
To make Thai Coffee the following steps are typically followed:
1. Brew the coffee: Start by brewing a strong pot of coffee using your preferred method. Traditionally, Thai coffee is made using a phin filter, a Vietnamese-style coffee filter that produces rich and bold coffee.
2. Sweeten with condensed milk: In a glass, add a generous amount of sweetened condensed milk. The amount can vary depending on your taste preference for sweetness. You can adjust the amount of condensed milk to your liking.
3. Add ice and coffee: Fill the glass with ice cubes, leaving some space at the top. Pour the freshly brewed coffee over the ice, allowing it to mix with the condensed milk.
4. Optional flavourings: If desired, you can add additional flavourings to your Thai coffee. Some popular choices include adding a dash of cardamom or cinnamon for a hint of spice, or a splash of vanilla extract for extra flavour.
5. Stir and enjoy: Give the Thai coffee a good stir to combine the coffee, condensed milk, and any added flavourings. The ice will help chill the drink while diluting it slightly. Your Thai coffee is now ready to be enjoyed!
Thai coffee is often served in a tall glass or a mason jar, garnished with a sprig of mint or a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top for an extra touch of presentation. It is a delightful combination of strong coffee and creamy sweetness, making it a popular choice for coffee lovers looking for a flavorful and refreshing beverage.