Prawn avocado sushi is a delicious variation of sushi that combines the flavours and textures of prawns (shrimp) and creamy avocado. It is a popular sushi roll that is enjoyed by many sushi enthusiasts.
To make prawn avocado sushi, the following steps are typically followed:
1. Prepare the sushi rice: Cook sushi rice according to package instructions and let it cool to room temperature. Season the rice with a mixture of rice vinegar, sugar, and salt.
2. Prepare the prawns: Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact if desired. Cook the prawns in boiling water or sauté them until they turn pink and are fully cooked. Let them cool before using them in the sushi rolls.
3. Slice the avocado: Cut a ripe avocado into thin slices. You can sprinkle the avocado slices with a little lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
4. Roll the sushi: Place a sheet of sushi nori (seaweed) on a bamboo sushi mat or a clean surface. Spread a layer of sushi rice evenly on the nori, leaving a small border at the top. Arrange the prawns and avocado slices as the filling along the bottom edge of the nori. Carefully roll the sushi tightly using the bamboo mat or your hands, ensuring the filling is enclosed within the rice and nori.
5. Slice and serve: Once the sushi roll is tightly rolled, use a sharp knife to slice it into bite-sized pieces. Wipe the knife with a damp cloth between each cut to ensure clean slices. Arrange the sushi pieces on a platter and serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger.
Prawn avocado sushi offers a delightful combination of flavours, with the sweetness of prawns complementing the creamy richness of avocado. It is a popular choice for sushi lovers who enjoy the combination of seafood and fresh ingredients.