Whether or not you live by the motto, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away,” there’s no doubt that you’ll want to have a few apple recipes in your pocket this fall. Biting into a fresh, crisp apple is a treat in itself, but turning apples into homemade pies, sauces, and fall desserts is even better!
1. Classic Apple Pie: A timeless favourite, apple pie is a perfect dessert for any occasion. Fill a pie crust with a mixture of sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon, and a touch of lemon juice. Top it with another layer of pie crust, bake until golden brown, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
2. Baked Apples: This simple and comforting dessert involves stuffing cored apples with a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and nuts. Bake the apples until tender, and serve them warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
3. Apple Crisp: A delightful dessert that combines the sweetness of apples with a crunchy oat topping. Slice apples and toss them with sugar and spices, then top with a mixture of oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter. Bake until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
4. Caramel Apple Dip: For a quick and easy treat, make a caramel apple dip. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Serve it alongside sliced apples for a delicious snack or party dessert.
5. Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: Upgrade your pancakes by adding diced apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter. Cook them on a griddle until golden brown, and serve with maple syrup or a dollop of whipped cream.
6. Waldorf Salad: A refreshing salad that combines apples, celery, grapes, and walnuts. Toss the ingredients with a dressing made of mayonnaise, lemon juice, and a touch of sugar. Serve chilled as a side dish or light lunch.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Apples are versatile and can be used in various savoury and sweet dishes, so feel free to explore different recipes and experiment with flavours!