Easy Whipped Cream - Homemade Easy Whipped Cream Recipe
Homemade easy whipped cream is super decadent, luscious and as delicious as the best vanilla ice cream (closest comparison). This real & easy whipped cream doesn’t have any unknown preservatives or additives either. It’s honest since it is made at home for the family.
With its super light and bouncy texture, whipped cream is perfect for making mango ice cream and great as a topping for pies, cakes, cupcakes, crepes, cheesecake, trifles, and so much more! Didn’t I say it’s easy whipped cream?
And, if you are buying expensive whipped cream from the local store in a little plastic tub, this recipe is going to be a total turning point for you. And to top it all, it barely takes just ten minutes of effort to make.
And, then feel free to glamourise your desserts. You can use it in your ice creams, cakes and bakes, pies and even your butter chicken.
WHAT IS HOMEMADE EASY WHIPPED CREAM REALLY?
When the cream is whipped, the air gets trapped inside and causes the ingredient to foam. It grows in volume and becomes stiff. Whipped cream by itself can be unstable and difficult to work with. So, often a stabilizer such as sugar is added to it.
The thickness in the cream comes from its fat content. Amul is a popular local cream that we use in India. It is a light cream with a butterfat content of 25%. Heavy cream, on the other hand, has a butterfat content of 30% or more. For the purpose of whipping, usually, heavy cream with a butterfat content of above 35% is used.
HOW DO I MAKE WHIPPED CREAM WITH AMUL CREAM OR ANOTHER LIGHT CREAM?
The process of whipping the cream to a medium peak consistency takes about 7-8 minutes for 400 ml cream by using a handheld blender. You can use a hand whisk, (if you want a workout for your arms too). But it will take you longer to whip the cream.
Hand blending may not even hold the form as the bowl will eventually get to room temperature hampering the stiffening process. Unless you are really quick about it. And, keep it really cool on top of an ice bath.
If sugar is at your low tolerance levels, you can use honey or maple syrup for sweetening the cream. Vanilla in the recipe below is optional. You can avoid it should you want to.
Whipped Cream | Homemade Easy Whipped Cream
- 400 ml Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract Optional
- Chill a medium-sized metal or glass bowl and blender attachment or a whisk for at least one hour in refrigerator or freezer.
- Once the bowl has chilled, remove from freezer and add Amul cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- With your blender or whisk on medium speed, beat the cream for 3-4 minutes or until peaks begin to form.
- You'll get medium peaks in about 4-5 minutes. Medium peaks are between soft peaks and stiff peaks. This is the ideal consistency that you'll need for topping and piping on desserts.
- Use it immediately or cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Additions & Variations - Homemade Phiti Hui Cream Recipe
- Make cinnamon whipped cream by adding 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Add it with the powdered sugar.
- Make chocolate whipped cream by adding 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder with the powdered sugar.
- Make coffee whipped cream by adding 1 teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the cream and stir it in well. Dissolve it and then whip it.
- Make a lovely citrus cream with orange, tangerine, or lemon zest. Add after the cream has been whipped.
Recipe Notes - Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- Stay chilled: Easy whipped cream is rather simple to make when all the ingredients are cold. This includes your tools well.
- Using a metal bowl is much better than others. Pop it in the freezer for a few minutes before whipping. A glass bowl also works great, but a metal bowl will get cold even faster and retain the temperature for longer.
- Don’t over whip your cream. You won’t be able to fix if the cream is over whipped. Overwhipping makes the cream grainy and separated. This is its first step of turning into butter.
- Whip the cream to medium peaks and then add it to your butter chicken. it’ll be totally decadent.
- There is some water always when you pop open a cream tetrapack. Before flexing your muscles do remember to drain it. Moisture in the cream will not allow you to whip the cream.
WHIPPED CREAM TAKES YOUR DESSERT TO A DIFFERENT LEVEL
Whipped cream is a super versatile topping that is the perfect finishing touch to countless desserts.
- Ice creams
- Cakes & Pastries
- Puddings & Mousse
- Topping for fruits like strawberries & citrus ones
FINALLY, TO SUM IT UP
Homemade easy whipped cream is super decadent, luscious and as delicious as the best vanilla ice cream (closest comparison).
This real & easy whipped cream doesn’t have any unknown preservatives or additives either. It’s honest since it is made at home for the family.
SOME RECIPES WITH HOMEMADE EASY WHIPPED CREAM
If you like this article, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish or if you made the dish. :)
Better still, take a picture and post it on Instagram and tag us as #gosumitup
Connect direct – You can also connect with me directly on my Instagram and Facebook or on Pinterest.
And, keep visiting us for more of such awesomeness. Do bookmark gosumitup.com into your web browser now or simply subscribe to our browser notifications.
[…] You may garnish the Cinnamon Coffee with medium-stiff peaked cream. […]