Mughlai Chicken Korma Recipe
Nitin Pande from Singapore recently sent in a Mughlai Chicken Korma recipe which is an adaptation from various sources including a well known Pakistani chef. No names were given of any of the sources. However, since Nitin had very graciously shared this recipe with us, I decided to call it Pande Ka Chicken. This Mughlai Chicken Korma Recipe with its new nomenclature was made on Saturday last and consumed over the next two days after that. The results were absolutely fantastic as ratified by the representatives of various age groups. More on Mughlai Cuisine
I am reproducing the actual Mughlai Chicken Korma recipe as sent in by Nitin below though i have made some very minor procedural and unnoticeable corrections. The final production is extremely rich so you may want to exercise caution if you are high on cholesterol already. And if you are a risk taker, Enjoy!! by all means.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Gizmos: Thick bottomed pan or pressure cooker without its lid
- Serves: 2-3 easily
What you need for Mughlai Chicken Korma recipe?
What goes in?
|Chicken on the bone||Without the skin||500 gms|
|Cooking oil||Any vegetable oil||100 ml|
|Thick curd||4 Tablespoons|
|Onions||Medium size||2 No.|
|Ginger||Fresh; Make paste||2 inch|
|Garlic||Fresh; Make paste||8 large cloves|
|Tomato||Medium size; make paste||1 No.|
|Black Peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 inche|
|Cardamom – Green||15 No.|
|Cardamom – Black||5 No.|
|Coriander Powder||2 Tablespoons|
|Turmeric Powder||0.5 Tablespoon|
|Five Spice Mix||Panch Phoren||1 Tablespoons|
How to go about executing the Mughlai Chicken Korma recipe?
- Clean, wash, pat dry the chicken.
- Grind the onion, garlic and ginger together into a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a deep and heavy bottom pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger paste. Let the paste lose water but don’t let it brown.
- Add the chicken pieces, all the spices (except 10 green cardamom which you should take out and keep aside) and stir gently on medium heat.
- Add the chopped tomato or tomato paste.
- In 10 minutes, the chicken should be soft and oil should separate onto the sides.
- Add the 10 green cardamoms that were set aside (powder the seeds, remove the husk and then add)
- Add the cream and curd mixed together.
- The cooking time after adding the cream+curd shd not be more than 2-3 mins..else it can curdle.
- Add the butter and remove from heat. Add salt to taste
- Serve with chapati, naan or pita bread
Things to take care of while making Mughlai Chicken Korma Recipe
- Unlike regular meat curries where the spice mix is fried intensely with less oil, the trick here is that the mix cooks in a lot of oil and not a lot of stirring is required.
- Add curd cream mix at the end else it might curdle on high heat.
- Salt is to be added after removing the chicken from heat.