Lauki ka Ras or Bottle Gourd Juice : Simple Healthy Ghiya Juice
Lauki ka Ras or Bottle Gourd Juice Recipe – Whether gourd is eaten as a vegetable or drink its juice. It benefits the body in every way.
Bottle Gourd juice is the best way to flush out the body’s toxins. Drinking a glass of lauki juice on an empty stomach every morning removes all the body’s toxins.
What are the benefits of bottle gourd juice or lauki ka ras?
- Cools your body.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Treats urinary tract infections.
- Cures tummy troubles.
- Keep your heart healthy.
- Relieves stress.
- It is an excellent post-workout drink.
Lauki ka Ras; Bottle Gourd Juice/ Slush Recipe
Lauki ka ras or Juice made from Bottle Gourd or Ghiya or Doodhi has several health benefits. It is instrumental in weight loss. Lauki is a natural cooler.
A glass of lauki ka ras or bottle gourd juice with a pinch of salt during summer prevents loss of sodium, quenches thirst and helps in eliminating fatigue.
The fibre present in the lauki juice controls digestive disorders like constipation, flatulence and piles.
If you are keen on losing weight then include lots of it in your diet. Bottle gourd has always been regarded as one of the healthiest veggies.
This very versatile vegetable is full of water (about 92%) and minerals and keeps your body hydrated.
Also known as Lauki or Doodhi in India, it definitely doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves.
“Bottle gourd is a vegetable high on the water and is a rich source of vitamin C, K and Calcium.”
It helps in maintaining a healthy heart and brings down bad cholesterol levels.
The juice is also beneficial for diabetic patients as it stabilizes the blood sugar level and maintains blood pressure.
The best time to have it is in the morning. A small glass would just be perfect.
I tried this bottle gourd slush recipe just a couple of days back. I felt absolutely fresh, full, yet light after drinking it.
Check out how to make Lauki ka Ras or Bottle Gourd Juice or Slush.
How to make Lauki ka Ras, Lauki Juice Recipe, Bottle Gourd Juice, Dudhi Juice Recipe?
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Gizmos: Juicer/ Blender/ Strainer
- Serves: 2
Lauki ka Ras; Bottle Gourd Juice; Lauki Juice Recipe
- Peel the Lauki or Bottle Gourd first to make lauki ka ras or bottle gourd juice.
- Bite into a slice to check for bitterness. DO NOT use if the lauki or bottle gourd is bitter.
- If the lauki or bottle gourd is sweet, cut it into small pieces.
- Blend the lauki with the rest of the ingredients to make lauki ka ras.
- To have just lauki ka ras or bottle gourd juice, run it through the strainer.
- To have the lauki slush or bottle gourd slush, have it once blended with its pulp. This is particularly helpful in case you are using the lauki slush or bottle gourd slush for weight loss.
- To have the lauki juice or slush or bottle gourd slush, have it once blended with its pulp. This is particularly helpful in case you are using the lauki slush or bottle gourd slush for weight loss.
FINALLY, TO SUM IT UP
Lauki ka Ras also known as lauki juice or Dudhi Juice instantly hydrates the body as it contains approximately 95% water with other minerals and nutrients.
Moreover, it also helps to maintain and lower the bad cholesterol for a healthy heart.
It also helps purify the body and eventually helps to tackle constipation and indigestion.
If you like this article, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish or if you made the dish. 🙂
Better still, take a picture and post it on Instagram and tag us as #gosumitup
And, keep visiting us for more of such awesomeness. Do bookmark gosumitup.com into your web browser now or simply subscribe to our browser notifications.