Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe | Super Easy Recipe for Paneer Kali Mirch
Paneer Kali Mirch recipe is essentially a recipe of cottage cheese cubes marinated in black pepper and lightly fried with vegetables like onions and capsicum.
Kali mirch or Black Pepper is one of the most frequently used spices all over the world. Health benefits of black pepper are immense, hence their popularity.
Here is the recipe for Paneer Kali Mirch or Black Pepper Cottage Cheese that is really simple and snappy to make. It is loved by all vegetarians because of a great combination that paneer and black pepper offer.
Paneer Kali Mirch is one of the easiest and super tasty recipes of paneer that is loved by all. This recipe is very easy to make and yet very delicious. It doesn’t require any special ingredients or any tedious cooking techniques.
The aroma and flavour of the freshly ground black pepper in Paneer Kali Mirch will surely linger your taste buds. Since the black pepper is the outstanding flavour in this paneer recipe, it also makes it hot.
Paneer Kali Mirch brings about a nice change from normal paneer recipes. It is a perfect food for a special weekday dinner. It is relatively easy to put together and goes well as a starter.
Paneer Kali Mirch or Pepper Paneer Recipe
In this recipe, you can increase the quantity of black pepper if you want your recipe to be hotter. This recipe derives its flavour from black pepper. Since black pepper is the predominant flavouring ingredient in this recipe and hence the recipe is called Paneer Kali Mirch.
How to make Kali Mirch Paneer Recipe or Pepper Paneer?
Cut paneer and onion into cubes, rectangles or triangles. The choice of paneer cut is yours.
Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame, drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil and place the paneer and onion cubes on the pan.
Cook on one side till light golden brown and then flip it to cook on the other side till light brown.
Paneer kali mirch is ready to be served.
Super Easy Recipe for Paneer Kali Mirch
- 200 gram Paneer Cut into cubes
- 1 piece Onion Medium size
- 0.5 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 0.25 teaspoon Black pepper powder Freshly ground
- 1 piece Green Chilli Finely chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves Fresh for garnish
- 0.25 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Get your ingredients ready.
- Cut paneer and onion into cubes, rectangles or triangles. The choice of paneer cut is yours.
- Take paneer & onion cubes in a large mixing bowl, and marinate with chopped green chilli, black pepper powder, chilli flakes, salt and lemon juice. Mix it well and keep it aside for 15 min.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame, drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil and place the paneer and onion cubes on the pan.
- Cook on one side till light golden brown and then flip it to cook on the other side till light brown.
- Remove from flame and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Paneer kali mirch is ready to be served.
Additions & Variations - Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe
Add Gravy to Paneer Kali Mirch: These succulent paneer cubes can further be simmered in yoghurt and onion based gravy. You can flavour it with the freshly ground spices make this evolutionary dish simply irresistible. It is a great twist to the regular sweet and spicy curry dishes of paneer.
The aroma and flavour of the freshly ground black pepper in creamy and delicious Paneer Kali Mirch will surely linger your taste buds.
Serving Suggestions - Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe
This recipe works very well as a starter. For the main meal, it pairs well with Paratha, Naan, Pudina Naan or with simple Jeera Rice. For more paneer recipes you can also check interesting recipes of Paneer Masala, Palak Paneer, Kadai Paneer.
To make it richer and tastier, you can replace vegetable oil with ghee.
Recipe Notes - Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe
- This recipe calls for freshest paneer passible.
- To make it better, use high fat paneer for its velvety texture.
- While this recipe is moderate of spicy levels if you want to add more heat simply increase the quantity of black pepper.
- Instead of using the usual black pepper powder, try to use freshly pounded whole black peppercorns.
If you like this article, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish or if you made the dish. 🙂
Better still, take a picture and post it on Instagram and tag us as #gosumitup
And, keep visiting us for more of such awesomeness. Do bookmark gosumitup.com into your web browser now or simply subscribe to our browser notifications.