Lauki ka Ras; Bottle Gourd Juice/ Slush Recipe
Lauki ka ras or Juice made from Bottle Gourd or Ghiya or Doodhi has several health benefits. It is instrumental in weight loss. Lauki is a natural cooler. A glass of lauki ka ras or bottle gourd juice with a pinch of salt during summer prevents loss of sodium, quenches thirst and helps in eliminating fatigue. The fibre present in the lauki juice controls digestive disorders like constipation, flatulence and piles.
Lauki or Bottle gourd is 96.1% water and 100gm of Lauki ka Ras or bottle gourd juice or slush contains around 12 calories. If you are keen on losing weight then include lots of it in your diet. Bottle gourd has always been regarded as one of the healthiest veggies. This very versatile vegetable is full of water (about 92%) and minerals and keeps your body hydrated.
Also known as Lauki or Doodhi in India, it definitely doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves. “Bottle gourd is a vegetable high on the water and is a rich source of vitamin C, K and calcium. It helps in maintaining a healthy heart and brings down bad cholesterol levels. The juice is also beneficial for diabetic patients as it stabilizes the blood sugar level and maintains blood pressure. The best time to have it is in the morning. A small glass would just be perfect.
I tried this bottle gourd slush recipe just a couple of days back. I felt absolutely fresh, full, yet light after drinking it.
Check out how to make Lauki ka Ras or Bottle Gourd Juice or Slush.
How to make Lauki ka Ras; Bottle Gourd Juice/ Slush Recipe?
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Gizmos: Juicer/ Blender/ Strainer
- Serves: 2
|what goes in?||what kinds?||how much?|
|Fresh Lauki or Bottle Gourd||Medium size||1|
|Pepper Powder||Black Pepper||1/4th Tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||Freshly squeezed||1 No.|
|Mint (Pudina) Leaves||I used dried mint||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin (Jeera)||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Water||To make bottle gourd slushy||1/2 Cup|
The Process to make Lauki ka Ras; Bottle Gourd Juice/ Slush Recipe?
- Peel the Lauki or Bottle Gourd first to make lauki ka ras or bottle gourd juice.
- Bite into a slice to check for bitterness. DO NOT use if the lauki or bottle gourd is bitter.
- If the lauki or bottle gourd is sweet, cut it into small pieces.
- Blend the lauki with the rest of the ingredients to make lauki ka ras.
- To have just lauki ka ras or bottle gourd juice, run it through the strainer.
- To have the lauki slush or bottle gourd slush, have it once blended with its pulp. This is particularly helpful in case you are using the lauki slush or bottle gourd slush for weight loss.