Lemon Pepper Prawns Recipe - Really Lemony & Buttery
Lemon Pepper Prawns Recipe or Lemon Pepper Shrimp Recipe – Really Lemony & Buttery – Juicy sautéed shrimp cooked in a flavourful lemon garlic butter sauce.
This palate pleaser in a pan is ready in 20 minutes—fewer if you buy pre-shelled shrimp. Lemon Pepper Shrimp recipe undoubtedly makes one of the best shrimp entrees.
What is the difference between Shrimp & Prawns
Shrimp and prawn are important types of seafood that are consumed worldwide.
Although shrimp and prawns belong to different suborders of Decapoda, they are very similar in appearance. Hence, the terms are often used interchangeably in commercial farming and wild fisheries.
A distinction is drawn in recent aquaculture literature, which increasingly uses the term “prawn” only for the freshwater forms of palaemonids and “shrimp” for the marine penaeids.
Lemon Pepper Prawns recipe or Lemon Pepper Shrimp has exactly 7 simple & always available ingredients.
This is just made in under 10 minutes and can eaten as an appetiser with a chilled beer or as a main course along with a salad. Some toasted bread is also to wipe that lemon buttery sauce.
Citrusy and peppery in each bite, the pepper prawns can also be served with pasta or salad. Lemon and white pepper are two of the most common ingredients in any kitchen.
And, when you combine them with a protein, for example: prawns (in this case) or chicken, magic happens.
The combination of flavours of lemon juice, pepper and soft prawns produce an utterly delicious recipe that you can’t stop eating.
So, what you really need are prawns already deveined, shelled and cleaned. These make the base for your easy Lemon Pepper Prawns recipe.
Use fresh lemon juice (not the store bought stuff, please for the love of freshness), and use fresh garlic.
The best part is that this recipe takes only 10 minutes max, and doesn’t need a lot of prep. As mentioned before, it needs exactly 7 ingredients which are always available in my kitchen including prawns.
I usually have a frozen batch in my freezer and that makes such delightful recipes like Lemon Pepper Shrimps recipe!
If there is one thing I love about cooking, it is making something which is non-fussy, quick, simple as well as tasty. I love making dishes which are minimal and yet have an amazing taste and nutrition.
The best part about prawns is that once you de-vein them, they are super easy to cook. And they are amazingly good in absorbing the flavours which you use in the dish.
Having said that, sometimes you do need an elaborate set up, but if you are in a rush, then this is one recipe you should be bookmarking, because delicious is the word for this one.
This Lemon Pepper Prawns recipe or lemon pepper shrimp recipe instantly adds a definite drooling factor to your dining table.
Enjoy making it.
TO SAUTE OR TO GRILL THESE LEMON PEPPER PRAWNS?
You can saute and cook the prawns in a skillet, or mix all the ingredients together and grill them. The prawns will be delectably delicious either way.
|Cooking Tools Recommended||Recommended Ingredients|
Lemon Pepper Prawns Recipe | Lemon Pepper Shrimps Recipe
- 250 grams Prawns or Shrimp Shelled & Deveined
- 1 Tablespoon Butter Salted
- 1/2 Tablespoon White Peppercorns
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Oil Optional
- 10 Piece Garlic Cloves Finely chopped
- 1.5 Tablespoons Coriander Leaves Roughly chopped
- 0.25 Teaspoon Sea Salt Please adjust it to your taste
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Devein, shell and clean the prawns properly
- Dab dry with paper towels.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once butter is sizzling, add garlic and cook until crisp & browned.
- Now, add shrimp and cook until browned.
- Season with freshly ground white pepper from a pepper mill and salt and mix well.
- Once done remove from the flame immediately
- Garnish with coarsely chopped coriander leaves and serve.
- Try to use freshly ground white pepper from a pepper mill. If you can only find the finely powdered white pepper, then reduce the pepper by at least half.
- Choose good quality, fresh prawns or shrimp. You can also use frozen and thawed shrimp for this recipe. I have used medium-sized prawns.
- Remember to take the shrimp off the pan quickly because they will continue to cook even after you take them off the heat.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE
- Devein, shell and clean the prawns properly
- Do not overcook the prawns or they’ll turn rubbery
LOOKS AND READS UP LOVELY BUT I AM A VEGETARIAN
For a vegetarian version of his garlic deliciousness, simply substitute the prawns with potatoes, baby corn, broccoli. The mixture of these vegetables will surely comes out really smashingly nice.
The texture of the cooked vegetables will sitmulate you with a strong flavour of garlic!
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR LEMON PEPPER PRAWNS
Drizzle little chilli oil on top to boost the spiciness of garlic pepper prawns recipe.
You can serve lemon pepper shrimp with toasts, as topping on a salad, into a pasta or even make a fried rice with it. This surely is a peppery lemon prawns healthy recipe.
TO SUM IT UP
This Lemon Pepper Prawns recipe instantly adds a definite WOW factor to your dining table. Citrusy and peppery in each bite, the lemon pepper shrimp take in the flavours so wonderfully.
This is a super simple and speedy dish that just lets the prawns shine! No reducing of ingredients or sauces required!
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish 🙂
And, keep visiting for more of such awsomeness.