Chicken Lehsuni Tikka Recipe | Chicken Lasooni Tikka Recipe
Chicken lasooni tikka or Chicken lehsuni tikka is slightly less famous than its non-garlic cousin – the murgh or chicken tikka. But in my book, it gets more points for its bold, garlicky, savouriness.
What is Lasooni?
Lassoni or Lehsuni are words that are used interchangeably but really mean garlicky or flavoured with Garlic as a main ingredient.
Garlic combined with complementing ingredients makes a dish much more flavourful.
Garlic in Hindi language translates into Lehsun or Lasoon or even Lasun. The pronunciation really depends on which area are you about. It is used frequently in most Indian dishes since health benefits of garlic are immense.
Chicken Lehsuni Tikka are succulently soft, garlic flavoured chicken tikkas that are simply delectable. On the flavour scale, Lehsuni chicken tikkas would score an easy ten. These are downright delicious.
With oodles of spice and strong garlic flavour, this chicken lasooni tikka recipe is a must try. These chicken nibbles are perfect for a luncheon or an evening over drinks.
Murgh is chicken, Lehsuni is garlic, and Tikka refers to boneless chunks/ pieces. Together they make for something altogether irresistible – Garlic Chicken Tikka.
Every time I have made this version, the platters have been wiped cleaned. People just end up eating multiple helpings of the chicken lehsuni tikka and that speaks about its deliciousness.
Always remember to freshly crush the garlic as the flavour is best with it. I somehow do not like the store bought garlic paste.
Remember, this garlic chicken tikka recipe or chicken lasooni tikka recipe will leave you satisfied and full yet so light. But, it is not as rich as a chicken malai tikka.
Murgh or Chicken Lehsuni Tikka are ideal when you have a bunch of people coming over as a party appetizer. Since you’ll have some time to plan for the party ahead, murgh lehsuni tikka make an excellent choice.
It goes great as a starter or as an accompaniment with beer. However, it just needs an overnight marination. The gas tandoor is well equipped to handle the rest.
This Chicken Lahsuni Tikka recipe is going to sizzle your palate and have you craving for more. Do ensure you get your hands on fresh chicken thighs.
Once ready, the raw earthiness of garlic will open up your senses and the spicy mix will then take them on a whirl. You can enjoy this with tangy or spicy chutney or even with Schezwan sauce.
Go get set for a complete lip-smacking home barbequed recipe with a combination of rich, flavourful ingredients.
SO, CHICKEN THIGHS OR BREASTS?
While you should use chicken thighs, you can use either. Chicken thighs are preferred because they contain more fat & are naturally more juicy meat as compared to breasts.
As a result, cooking a chicken thigh over high heat doesn’t make them dry and keeps them tender too. However, just ensure that if you are using chicken breasts for your garlic chiken tikka recipe or chicken lasooni tikka you marinade them for more time than thighs to get that tenderness.
Chicken Lehsuni Tikka Recipe | Chicken Lasooni Tikka or Garlic Chicken Tikka
- 3 Piece Chicken Thighs Boneless. Without skin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 0.5 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Carom Seeds
- 4 Tablespoon Curd Hung Curd
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice For garnishing
- Get your ingredients ready.
- Hang the curd if it is not a thick one already.
- Wash and dry the chicken legs.
- Cut the legs into half and then into two pieces each.
- Coat the chicken in the lime juice, garlic paste and salt. Mix well and leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as you wish (at least 1 hours)
- Add the marinated chicken from 5.
- Mix again and leave in the fridge for approximately 1 hour ( but it is better overnight) before grilling
- Heat the gas oven tandoor on your gas stove and fill up the bottom tank with some water.
- Place the marinated chicken lehsuni tikkas on the tandoori plate.
- Cover it with the lid.
- Turn once after 10 minutes and baste them with some butter.
- Cook for another 5 minutes. Once cooked turn off the gas and rest for 5 minutes.
- Once done, sprinkle cut coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve with sliced onions, mint & coriander chutney and lemon wedges.
- Make ahead: You can marinate the chicken up to a day ahead, but I don't recommend cooking the chicken ahead to reheat later. This will dry the chicken out.
- Leftover Tikka: You can slice these and when cooled down serve them cold as part of a salad or a wrap.
- Garlic Chicken Tikka Masala: You can add lehsuni or lasooni tikka to a curry. Add them to your curry masala and cook through for 10-12 minutes - until piping hot throughout and enjoy with a parantha.
LOOKS AND READS UP LOVELY BUT I AM A VEGETARIAN
For a vegetarian version of his garlic deliciousness, simply substitute the chicken with paneer/tofu. Vegetarian lehsuni tikka can be made with with paneer, and it comes out really smashingly nice and soft.
The texture of the paneer is just as melt in the mouth with a strong flavour of garlic!
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR CHICKEN LEHSUNI TIKKA
While these are good to go without but you can also pair them with roomali roti or soft buttered naan.
Leftover Chicken Garlic Tikka: You can slice the tikka into smaller pieces and cool them. When cooled down serve them cold as part of a salad or a wrap.
Chicken Lehsuni Tikka Masala: You can add lehsuni or lasooni tikka to a curry. Add them to your curry masala and cook through for 10-12 minutes – until piping hot throughout and enjoy with a parantha.
TO SUM IT UP
The best pieces of garlicky succulent chicken from chicken lehsuni tikka recipe or chicken lasooni tikka, that you have ever put in your mouth! This Garlic Chicken Tikka recipe will never fail to impress you.
Make it to believe it. Gorgeously delicate and melt-in-your-mouth morsels of well made charred tandoori garlicky deliciousness will leave your palate totally pampered.
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish 🙂
And, keep visiting for more of such awsomeness.