Chinese Pork meatballs are full of all of the flavours you love in Chinese food takeout. Salty, sweet, smoky, charred edges with juicy tender pork inside. You can make these in about 20 minutes in a skillet or a wok so they can be made at the last minute for you or your guest’s enjoyment.
Chinese Pork meatballs Char Siu style feature tender, moist, and light meatballs with a sweet and savory taste. These are quite easy to cook in big batches and hence very comforting to enjoy any time.
These meatballs are extremely fluffy and moist and are as tender as the pork in a slow-cooked Bolognese sauce.
Chinese Pork Meatballs – Char Siu Style with an Indian Touch
I have been in love with meatballs forever. The oblong-shaped delight has always lured me in with is a juicy and delicious appeal. Today, I bring up to you the recipe of Chinese Pork Meatballs Char Siu style with some Indian tweaks. This is the simplest of recipes and gets ready in just about 20 minutes.
And, they are perfect for an evening snack. Alternatively, when they are paired with rice or noodles, they make an equally good main course. You can also make them in bulk and freeze them for use later.
Interestingly, this is the first completely made pork recipe on my website (sausages were made before). However, it may not be the last.
These, Chinese pork meatballs are made with home ground fatty pork. Such pork meatballs tend to be really juicy and full of flavour and adds to everyone’s delight.
What is Char Siu?
Char Siu is a popular way to prepare & flavour barbecued pork in Cantonese cuisine. Char Siu literally means “fork roasted” (siu being burn/roast and cha being fork, both noun and verb) after the traditional cooking method for the dish.
Long strips of seasoned boneless pork are skewered with long forks and placed in a covered oven or over a fire. However, in this case, we are making them in a frying pan. Hence, the size of the pork meatballs is kept smaller and after being cooked they taste simply divine.
Chinese Pork Meatballs - Char Siu Style with an Indian Touch
- For the meatballs
- 1/2 kilo Pork Hand Pounded
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- For the sauce
- 4 tablespoon Soy Sauce Dark
- 2 tablespoon White Vinegar Preferably Rice Vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Chilli Sauce or Red Chilli Paste
- 1.5 Tablespoon Spring Onions Green Part Only
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Get your ingredients ready.
- Mix pork, dark soy sauce, ginger, garlic, garam masala, sugar, salt & black pepper well together.
- Take a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop and make them into well-rounded balls.
- Heat oil in a skillet or a frying pan and shallow fry them till they are well browned.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Mix soy sauce, white vinegar, red chilli sauce, honey, salt and black pepper well,
- Lay a layer at the bottom of the serving dish with 3/4th of the sauce.
- Place the meatballs over the sauce.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs.
- Serve & enjoy!
FINALLY, TO SUM IT UP
If you like this article, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish or if you made the dish. 🙂
Better still, take a picture and post it on Instagram and tag us as #gosumitup
And, keep visiting us for more of such awesomeness. Do bookmark gosumitup.com into your web browser now or simply subscribe to our browser notifications.