Tomato Ricotta Sandwich Recipe | Herby Tomato Ricotta Sandwich Recipe
Tomato Ricotta Sandwich Recipe | Herby Tomato Ricotta Sandwich Recipe – Tomato Ricotta Sandwich is quick and easy to make. Tomato Multigrain Sandwiches with Ricotta cheese are the perfect savoury breakfast or a quick snack. Simply, vegetarian and delicious!
Why do people remove tomato from sandwiches?
People remove tomatoes from sandwiches since they feel tomatoes render a sandwich soggy. To prevent this slice the tomato firm. It should not be an overly ripe tomato. Remove the seeds and soft wet pulp from the very small center area, not necessarily all of it.
Lay in a line on a paper towel slightly salted to draw out more moisture. Put another towel on top. Don’t squeeze or press. This will allow you to remove moisture from your tomatoes and make sandwiches that don’t turn soggy.
Tomato Ricotta Sandwich is quick and easy to make. Tomato Multigrain Sandwiches with Ricotta cheese are the perfect savoury breakfast or a quick snack. Simply, vegetarian and delicious!
These Tomato Ricotta Sandwiches are a fast and easy breakfast or a snack option. They come together in just a few minutes. Although they are simple, they pack a whole lot of flavour!
- Quick and easy to make. We’re talking 10 minutes tops! So, obviously no fuss.
- Spicy, sweet, and has just the right amount of tanginess and sharpness! 😋
- Creamy. Thanks to smooth ricotta cheese, which is possibly my favourite cheese on this planet! Of course so is Feta and so is Goat’s Cheese. ❤️
- Flexible. You can add any of your favourite nuts, seeds, and herbs as you like. And you can use whatever type of bread and sandwich toppings that you like.
- Downright delicious! 😍
Sometimes life is just too busy to make a full breakfast. And sometimes life is just too busy to make a full dinner. Thankfully, there are delicious options like this one for a Tomato Ricotta Sandwich that is quick, delicious and can be made for either.
TOMATO RICOTTA SANDWICH INGREDIENTS
- Tomato – Use good quality tomatoes.
- Fresh or Dried Herbs: Feel free to use any herbs and/or nuts you like.
- For the sandwiches: Bread of your choice. I used a multigrain bread here, which is my usual. and your favourite
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO RICOTTA SANDWICH?
Alright! Let’s break it down and make this delicious Tomato and Ricotta Sandwich! Simply…
- Slice the tomatoes. Let them be between paper towels to remove moisture.
- Pan-fry the tomatoes with a little olive oil. Get their juices flowing.
- Toast the bread and butter it liberally.
- Mix herbs, green chillies, coriander and ricotta.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Layer ricotta on one slice and place the tomato slices.
- Butter and layer ricotta on the second slice.
- Place it on tomatoes.
- It wasn’t very difficult, was it??
- Now eat up :-)
If you would like to customise the Tomato Ricotta Sandwich, you can…
- Add additional/different fresh herbs: Chopped fresh chives, Italian basil leaves, mint leaves, etc. would all taste great
- Add seeds/nuts: Add sesame seeds, slivered or sliced almonds, pine nuts, chopped walnuts, etc. if desired.
- You can pan fry the bread with butter in a frying pan rather than toasting it. The flavour will be diagonally different but still more than awesome.
- Spike it up – Mix some finely chopped garlic & ginger to the ricotta.
- Make it healthier – You can use reduced-fat ricotta and go easy on butter especially if you pan-frying the bread.
- Don’t have ricotta cheese – Substitute it with Feta or Goat’s Cheese. Don’t have these two either, use cheese slices to get a passable sandwich. No harm done as long you are happy.
To Sum It Up
These multigrain sandwiches, topped with ricotta and tomatoes are the perfect savoury breakfast but are also perfect as a quick snack or light vegetarian dinner. Toast your bread slightly before you use it, to get more crunch and flavour out of it.