Cinnamon Sugar - Make Quick and Easy Cinnamon Sugar at Home
Cinnamon Sugar – Read on to find the best way to make homemade cinnamon sugar easily. This is perfect for french toasts, buttered toasts or even a decadent coffee. It is really simple to make and far economical from what you get in the stores.
What is cinnamon sugar made of?
It is a simple mixture of ground cinnamon to powder and your regular sugar. You can add cinnamon to either white or brown sugar. You can also vary the quantities or either of the ingredient to suit your taste.
A little about cinnamon – In the older days, Cinnamon commanded a princely sum and was affordable only for a few – the wealthy, the nobility, physicians, and priests. And, others too who acquired it for use in religious ceremonies.
If you could afford it, you were most definitely considered to be among the elite, with a spicy social status!
How to make homemade cinnamon sugar?
All you have to do it whisk cinnamon and sugar together to make cinnamon sugar. Since there is no set recipe for homemade cinnamon sugar, once you start making and using it you’ll end up with the best ratio of cinnamon to sugar mix that is unique to you.
Remember, perfectly balanced sweetness allows the cinnamon to play the greater role here. You can even mix cinnamon with powdered sugar if it is ground to a finer consistency.
Is cinnamon sugar good for health
Besides the fact, its delicious, cinnamon sugar may have some positive health effects if used in moderation. With its antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties, cinnamon has shown to be useful for everything, from preventing heart disease to diabetes.
Is cinnamon sugar and brown sugar the same?
No, they are not. Cinnamon sugar is made when the ground cinnamon spice is added to regular white or brown sugar. Brown sugar, on the other hand, is just sugar with a higher molasses content.
What is cinnamon sugar used for?
You can make cinnamon sugar mix and use it for muffins or muffin tops. Add it to buttered toasts, french toasts, toasted English muffins, scones, biscuits, bagels, or bagels with cream cheese and into your coffee. You can add it to your freshly homemade ricotta cheese as well.
It has many uses in the kitchen. You can also gift it to someone who will appreciate this simple homemade treat.
Read more about Cinnamon – Health Benefits of Cinnamon | Warm & Sweet
Easy Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Recipe
You could make cinnamon sugar by simply adding 1 tbsp of freshly ground cinnamon into your 1/4 Cup of white granulated sugar. But if you’re here, you’re looking for the absolute best way to make it. Here it is.
Easy to Make Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Recipe
- 0.25 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon Freshly Ground
- Combine the sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Use a fork or small whisk & thoroughly blend the two together.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Recipe Notes - Homemade Cinnamon Sugar
- Grind cinnamon fresh for this recipe
- This spice mix stays fresh, however, ground cinnamon may lose some of its potency.
- Stirred into cream cheese. Sprinkled over fresh berries of any sort. Sprinkled atop a pretzel. On roasted nuts or pumpkin seeds. On granola. On cottage cheese. Atop popcorn. Atop applesauce.
- On applesauce-topped blintzes or apple-filled crepes. In or atop apple compote. On pita chips or bagel chips. Sprinkled on biscotti, doughnuts, or doughnut holes. Roll your churros in it.
- Stir it into coffee or chai. Stirred into waffle or pancake batter or sprinkled on waffles, pancakes, or French toast. Top a cupcake with it or frost the cupcake first and then sprinkle with it. Sprinkle apple slices with it.
- Or sprinkle on baked sweet potatoes. Add it to milk. Atop pumpkin pie. Atop coffee cake. Top your crumble, your cobbler, your crisp, your rugelach, or your kugel with it.
- Your sugar cookies, your carrot cake, your snickerdoodles, your oatmeal cookies, your homemade granola bars, your warmed tortillas, your gingerbread, or your gingerbread cookies. Make compound butter.
FINALLY, TO SUM IT UP
Cinnamon Sugar Recipe – Find the best way to make homemade cinnamon sugar easily. This is perfect for french toasts, buttered toasts or even a decadent coffee. It is really simple to make and far economical from what you get in the stores.
Since there are so many varieties of cinnamon and granulated sugar, it could be fun to mix and match and play around with these in a variety of combinations.
If you like this article, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish or if you made the dish. 🙂
Better still, take a picture and post it on Instagram and tag us as #gosumitup
And, keep visiting us for more of such awesomeness. Do bookmark gosumitup.com into your web browser now or simply subscribe to our browser notifications.