Cream Chicken Recipe | Punjabi Cream Chicken
Cream Chicken Recipe | Punjabi Cream Chicken is a dish of soft & succulent chicken pieces simmered slowly in a mix of basic spices, and rich cream.
The cream or malai chicken recipe is not only rather tasty but also very easy-to-make. It is a rich source of protein and some essential fats. Chicken can be really healthy if eaten in moderation and cooked with the right ingredients and in the right manner. Let’s look at the recipe of Malai Chicken.
The Story of Ludhiana Cream Chicken by Chawla’s2
Cream or Malai Chicken is said to have migrated to Ludhiana after it was born in Haldwani. Its creation is credited to Late Sardar Attar Singh Chawla Ji.
Once, Chawla Ji was trying to improvise upon one of his favourites recipes in his restaurants when he ended up with this recipe. It is quite different and colour and taste as the ingredients used are different than the routine ones.
Red chillies and vegetable oils are not used. It is cooked in milk and cream and delicately flavoured with black pepper and green cardamom. That’s why it is very light on the stomach, tasty and easy to digest.
Punjabi Cream Chicken Recipe, Deliciously Simple Malai Chicken Recipe
Cream chicken is always a sinful indulgence. This recipe of mine is probably the simplest ever recipe for malai chicken and quickest too. It’s a really creamy chicken rolled in with contrasting flavours for a rich, delicious recipe.
It uses just six ingredients and is ready before you finish saying jalapeno.
It is loved both by kids and adults equally and goes very well as a snack or a side dish. You can have it as a meal or with beer. As the mercury soars in North India why not stay indoors this weekend and try this luscious malai chicken with your family.
The name says it all! ‘Cream Chicken’- Succulent chicken pieces simmered slowly in a mix of flavourful spices, and rich cream. This dish is perfect for this weather when it is starting to get a bit chilly, and the skies are getting a little darker. All you need is warm comforting food at the end of the day, with your family.
It is actually a very simple recipe and very useful when you have guests coming over as it doesn’t take much time and yet you get great results.
This cream chicken recipe is one such dish and it is quick, easy and delicious! This recipe is meant for those people who want to whip up a quick meal, without compromising even a bit on the taste element.
Cream Chicken is fairly easy to make yet very delicious preparation of chicken. It has a rich texture of cream and a finely balanced taste of spices. So, here’s how to make this one of its kind Cream or Malai Chicken Curry recipe at home.
Indications for making Cream Chicken Recipe
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Gizmos: Thick Bottomed Pan
- Servings: 4-5
Cream Chicken Recipe | Punjabi Cream Chicken
Cream Chicken or Malai Chicken is a mildly spiced, flavourful and popular chicken preparation that is served with roti or naan.
Punjabi Cream Chicken Recipe or Malai Chicken Recipe
- Season the chicken with salt, minced garlic and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl pan to coat evenly.
- Fry 2-3 chicken breasts until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4-5 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer to a warm plate. Set aside.
- Smash 6 whole cloves of garlic with the blunt edge of the back of a knife
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and heat through. Sauté smashed garlic cloves until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in the cream. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer for about 2-3 minutes, combining all of the flavours together.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and let simmer for a further 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce to your liking. The chicken breast will soak up all of the delicious flavours.
- Garnish with a little black cracked pepper.
- Serve over pasta, cauliflower mash, zucchini noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.
- The original recipe uses ginger while I have used garlic. You can reverse and explore the changing flavour.
- You can increase or decrease black pepper and adjust it to your taste.
- If you want to make it spicier, simply add some slitted green chillies.
- Flavour can further be enhanced by using, kasoori methi, so feel free.
FINALLY, TO SUM IT UP
Malai Chicken Recipe | Punjabi Cream Chicken is a dish of soft & succulent chicken pieces simmered slowly in a mix of basic spices, and rich cream.
The cream or malai chicken recipe is not only rather tasty but also very easy-to-make. It is a rich source of protein and some essential fats. Chicken can be really healthy if eaten in moderation and cooked with the right ingredients and in the right manner.
If you like this article, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #gosumitup and tag me @gosumitup. I am always happy to read your feedback and if you liked the dish or if you made the dish. 🙂
Better still, take a picture and post it on Instagram and tag us as #gosumitup
And, keep visiting us for more of such awesomeness. Do bookmark gosumitup.com into your web browser now or simply subscribe to our browser notifications.